Take an Intro to Pole Dancing Class
If you have never experienced dancing or working out on a pole, an intro to pole dancing class can give you a great taste of what the excitement is all about.
This has become a an extremely popular way to get in shape quickly as you will watch your body change in just a few short weeks!
Me pole dancing in my garage!
This is like putting on an internal corset; because of the core building exercise that comes with this style of dance, your abs, hips and butt tighten up and you can get some killer arm and leg muscles all at the same time!
Most instructors will have certain requirements before you come to class. Read my longer list of "What to Wear and How to Prepare for Your First Intro to Pole Class":
Requirements for Intro to Pole Dancing Class:
- Don't need any dance or fitness background!
- No lotions, oils or body make up should be on the skin before doing pole work
- No alcohol consumption before or during class; this can be extremely dangerous as you are learning a new way of moving your body even though your feet aren't leaving the floor yet!
- Wear a tank top as opposed to a t-shirt. You need as much skin exposure as possible, maybe not at first when doing spins but when doing pole work, the less cloth on you, the better!
- The same for your legs. Wear short workout shorts, 'booty shorts' or 'hot pants' as they are commonly referred to. You can read more about pole dance wear here.
- Bring a bottle of water with you. You will work out and get sweaty! Pole dancing is hard work!
Click here to access the pole dance fitness studio directory
and find an Intro to Pole Dance Class near you!
Intro to Pole Dancing > Take a Pole Dancing Class
Like this page?